11:00 INTERNATIONAL FEST | Festival To...
INTERNATIONAL FEST | Festival To...
Sep 19 @ 11:00 – 20:00
Festival Todos is a decade-old yearly party that, by its very definition, has something for everyone. The organizers of the 2019 version — TODOS -“Caminhada de Culturas” (“Cultures Walk”) — say it “is a multi-art[...]
12:00 to Sept 20 | GROUP ART EXHIBIT |...
to Sept 20 | GROUP ART EXHIBIT |...
Sep 19 @ 12:00 – 20:00
Welcome to Art is a local art gallery in a hip part of town whose motto is a quote by Brazilian poet Ferreira Gullar: “Art exists because life is not enough.” This September, WelcometoArt welcomes[...]
15:00 to Sept 22 | ART AND MUSIC FEST ...
to Sept 22 | ART AND MUSIC FEST ...
Sep 19 @ 15:00 – Sep 20 @ 02:00
What’s a good way to end your summer? How about with an art and music festival inside some cool post-apocalyptic-yet-intact semi-ruins inside a forest in Lisbon? Restaurant Panorámico (aka Panorâmico de Monsanto), the abandoned, off-the-beaten-path[...]
18:00 ACTIVIST TOUR AND FILM SCREENING...
ACTIVIST TOUR AND FILM SCREENING...
Sep 19 @ 18:00 – 23:00
Gentrification is killing this town. Thousands of residents, including some of Atlas‘ own staff, have been and are being displaced due to booming rent and increasingly sketchy housing situations. And, even though some believe this[...]
18:00 to Sept 29 | FESTIVAL | Popular ...
to Sept 29 | FESTIVAL | Popular ...
Sep 19 @ 18:00 – 23:30
The INATEL Foundation describes the fourth edition of their POPular – INATEL na Rua Festival as “an initiative that aims to disseminate traditional cultural practices, in fulfillment of its mission and as a UNESCO consultant[...]
all-day to Sept 28 | FILM FESTIVAL | Que...
to Sept 28 | FILM FESTIVAL | Que...
Sep 20 all-day
Queer Lisboa is self-described as “the first national festival created specifically to showcase new gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and transsexual filmmaking.” It hits Avenida Liberdade (Cinema São Jorge) for its 23d edition this week, kicking[...]
09:30 to Oct 31 | NATURE | Visits to t...
to Oct 31 | NATURE | Visits to t...
Sep 20 @ 09:30 – 17:00
Psst. Hey you. You like giraffes? Of course you do. Who doesn’t? The Badoca Safari Park down in Alentejo has giraffes. And a bunch of other cool animals. And guided tours and stuff. Basically, some[...]
- Why You Should Definitely Go to Lisb-on (Even if You’re Not Super-Into Electronic Music)
- Why You Should Visit Baleal and Ferrel: Two Small Towns That Are Making Big Waves
- Anthony Bourdain’s Trip to Lisbon Bite by Bite
- What to See, Do, and Eat in Ericeira: The Prettiest Town on Portugal’s Central Coast
- MEO Sudoeste in Review
- Tap Water in Portugal
- TimeOut and Ribeira: The Lisbon Market With a Split Personality
- The Student Climate Strike in Lisbon: It’s Time to Panic
- Getting Thrifty: The Second-Hand Stores of Lisbon
- Abandoned Portugal: Some Ruins You Shouldn’t Miss
- For the Love of Punk: A Guide to Live Music in Lisbon
- Techno in Lisbon: An Insider’s Guide
- Renting a Car in Portugal
- Traditional Portuguese Games and How to Play Them
- Where to Find English-Language Books in Lisbon
- How to Use GIRA, No Longer Lisbon’s Only Bike-Sharing Option
- The Best Local Spots for Hip-Hop in Lisbon
- The Thirteen Best Markets In Lisboa
- Eight Great Playground Escapes in Lisbon
- Rock Climbing Around Lisbon
- Eight Cafes for You and Your Laptop Around Lisbon