February 26, 2017 by The Atlas Team
A Walk Through Avô and Piódão
Just a few hours north of Lisbon, these quaint villages offer the best of Portuguese hospitality, magnificent views, and unique methods of house construction. Plus some of the best cheese and honey in the country.
11:00 to Dec 23 | ART EXHIBIT | Mara ...
to Dec 23 | ART EXHIBIT | Mara ...
Dec 16 @ 11:00 – 19:00
Mara Castilho is a multi-talented multimedia artist who spends her days between London, Lisbon, and Rio de Janeiro. Here’s what some art critics have said about her work: “… Castilho’s art puts us on the[...]
15:00 to Dec 22 | MARKET | Chlorophyll...
to Dec 22 | MARKET | Chlorophyll...
Dec 16 @ 15:00 – 22:00
Plants. Vegans believe we should enslave them, breed them, leave just enough of them for us to breathe, and eat the rest. Some of us believe that plants, like animals, are our brothers and sisters[...]
17:30 to Dec 21 | ADULT DANCE CHRISTMA...
to Dec 21 | ADULT DANCE CHRISTMA...
Dec 16 @ 17:30 – 21:30
Anybody who knows anything knows that Christmas is the sexiest time of year. That in mind, if all you want for Christmas is to master the art of the pole (North, South, or other), or[...]
18:00 WEEKLY | DANCE WORKSHOP | Aulas ...
WEEKLY | DANCE WORKSHOP | Aulas ...
Dec 16 @ 18:00 – 19:00
Belly dancing, aka Raks Sharki, aka oriental dance (sorry, self-proclaimed Americans) is both hot and not easy. And Ana Moreira, self-proclaimed oriental dancer, knows this. Ana wants to teach you to belly dance. Here’s how[...]
19:00 to Dec 20 | ART EXHIBIT | Maitê ...
to Dec 20 | ART EXHIBIT | Maitê ...
Dec 16 @ 19:00 – Dec 17 @ 01:00
The image on the left is beautiful. Ruderal, even. From the interwebs: “-ruderal (adjective/ noun): growing / a plant that grows where the natural vegetational cover has been disturbed by humans.” DeBru describes itself as[...]
21:30 LIVE MUSIC | Monday with Manuman...
LIVE MUSIC | Monday with Manuman...
Dec 16 @ 21:30 – 23:00
Manumana is a great name for a band. It is also the duo of Tiago Francisquinho, who does the didgeridoo and percussion, and Fernando Lyra, who does the handpan. Manumana plays very funky music that[...]
23:00 Weekly | JAZZ | Titanic Jazz Jam...
Weekly | JAZZ | Titanic Jazz Jam...
Dec 16 @ 23:00 – Dec 17 @ 02:00
Winner of several Atlas “Best of Lisboa” awards, Titanic Sur Mer is stepping up its jazz game with weekly jam sessions on Mondays. For free. Considering the talents Titanic pulls for its variety of musical[...]
- What’s On for Christmas and New Year’s 2019/2020 in Lisbon
- A Fountain of Hope: Chafarizes Around Lisboa to Get Revitalized
- Wear Your Smartglasses at Night: The Adegga WineMarket Lisbon 2019
- Oeiras Promenade
- Lisbon According to Ginjinha Sem Rival’s Nuno Gonçalo Lourenço
- On the Fringe: The Museum of Mechanical Music
- The Ethical Assembly: The Sexier Lisbon Summit
- Getting Thrifty: The Second-Hand Stores of Lisbon
- What's On for Christmas and New Year's 2019/2020 in Lisbon
- Where to Find English-Language Books in Lisbon
- The Best Local Spots for Hip-Hop in Lisbon
- Traditional Portuguese Games and How to Play Them
- Techno in Lisbon: An Insider’s Guide
- From the Restaurant to Your Door: Meal Delivery in Lisbon
- Public Service Announcement: Changes to Recibos Verdes / Green Receipts
- Lisbon Between the Lines: An Interview With Hauke Vagt of Atelier 49
- Gaming in Lisbon: Where to Play
- Anthony Bourdain’s Trip to Lisbon Bite by Bite
- The Thirteen Best Markets In Lisboa
- Lisbon by Bike: Routes, Rentals, and Rules
- A Decade of Change: Lisbon’s Most Dangerous Neighborhoods Then and Now