“…What would the earth look like if shadows disappeared from it? After all, shadows are cast by objects and people. There is the shadow of my sword. But there are also shadows of trees and living creatures. Would you like to denude the earth of all the trees and all the living beings in order to satisfy your fantasy of rejoicing in the naked light?”
Mikhail Bulgakov, “The Master and Margarita.”
Mikhail was right, shadows are important. Starting Monday, Hangar Online and Beniko Tanaka invite your little ones to a 5-day educational online course they call “A fantastic journey through the world of shadows.”
Here’s what they say about it:
“Through light, we are going to recognize that physical space is shaped by shadows. We will learn how to turn our imaginations into silhouettes and puppets, combining work with our hands with the production of images.
What skills will be acquired through these workshops?
– Introducing children to the world of art, culture, storytelling, and different traditions.
– Understanding the notion of light, form, and creation, beginning with the basic concept of shadows.
– Acquiring knowledge and understanding of the colors of light.
– Establishing the connection between a story and its characters.
– Internalization of manual skills through the development of puppets and silhouettes.
– Developing familiarity with production techniques and equipment usage.
– Gaining the verbal ability to tell a story in a good voice while operating puppets.
– Encouraging social skills through interaction with other children while putting together a show with them.”
Participants: 9 – 14 years old.
Start Date: July 13th, 2020.
Duration: 5 days.
July 13th – July 17th, 11-11:50 am.
NOTE: This course will be held in Portuguese.
Registration and more info via firstname.lastname@example.org.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.