August 9, 2017 by The Atlas Team
Miradoruro Portas do Sol
The most famous view over Lisbon, great for sunset photo-ops.
This is the postcard shot of Lisbon – they don’t call it the gates of the sun for nothing. And with a glamorous view overlooking the the Tejo, the terra cotta roofs of Alfama, the beautiful two steeples of São Vicente de Fora, it’s no wonder. You’ll also most likely find Lisbon’s most charming busker playing his guitar here on a sunny afternoons alongside vendors of African trinkets, sunglasses, and of course, the occasional marriage proposal. It’s just a short walk from the Saint Jorge Castle where you can take advantage of the kiosk and its metal tables to sit and ogle the view a while.
Note: The kiosk is open daily from 11h – 22h.
- How to Establish Residency in Lisboa
- The Best Local Spots for Hip-Hop in Lisbon
- Getting Thrifty: The Second-Hand Stores of Lisbon
- Rock Climbing Around Lisbon
- Markets and Malls
- Lisbon by Bike: Routes, Rentals, and Rules
- Copenhagen Bar
- The Waterworld of Lisboa
- Eat Drink Party
- Techno in Lisbon: An Insider’s Guide
- How to Use GIRA, No Longer Lisbon’s Only Bike-Sharing Option
- Where to Find English-Language Books in Lisbon
- Portugal’s Best: Eleven Beaches You Shouldn’t Miss
- Breaking Down Budget Airlines Flying In and Out of Lisbon
- Clothing, Books, Teas and More